The purpose of this new series of articles is to ensure offer tips and strategies Star Wars Battlefront II (SWBFII). These can be small tips that can help you improve your game or bigger strategies. As the column evolves we will be adding more and more information about the game. Keep in mind, we offer these with a new player perspective in mind – someone who never played any of the Battlefront games before.
The video below was put together by Red Wolf and offers some insight on the basics of Starfighter Assault.
Starfighter Assault beginner’s guide by Red Wolf
List of topics covered
Red Wolf’s video covers the following topics:
- Introduction – 0:15
- Starfighter Assault Overview – 2:03
- Selecting between 1st and 3rd person view – 2:31
- Understanding the Heads Up Display (HUD) – 3:21
- Starfighter Ability icons and cooldown timers – 4:07
- Objective score indicator – 4:22
- How to use the speed bar indicator to your advantage – 4:53
- Understanding the health bar and shield indicator – 6:11
- Listening to different cockpit warnings and understanding what they mean – 6:47
- How to avoid getting hit by missiles – 7:16
- Arrows in your HUD and their significance – 7.34
- Using your crosshairs effectively and understanding weapon heat build-up – 8.31
- HUD indicators when engaging enemy targets – 9:23
Starfighter Assault: SWBFII’s unknown hero
For all the criticism SWBFII has received over the past six months, Starfighter Assault (SFA) is probably one its most solid game modes. The game mode has gained popularity with fans since it’s reminiscent of older Starfighter games like X-Wing, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter and more.
When starting off, it can be daunting to some since there are a lot of things happening on your screen. Red Wolf’s video puts you on the right path to understand the basics of this game mode. One might dismiss SFA as too simplistic, however, as you start playing it you will instantly realize that there a lot of different layers to it. It certainly takes time to understand everything.
Either way, if you stayed away from SFA, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. The game mode is extremely fun, and as Red Wolf points out, it offers a great alternative to the rest ground-based game modes of SWBFII.
Interested in learning the latest and greatest Star Wars Battlefront II and Star Wars Gaming News? Register with Star Wars Gaming Network and never miss a beat! Our weekly newsletter covers all the news in one place!