About a week ago, Electronic Arts (EA), confirmed via its community manager Matt Everett that a patch was in the works for Star Wars Battlefront II (SWBFII). The patch is expected to bring Season 2 which is rumored to include Clone Wars content. In addition, fans are also excited over recent posts from the game’s design director, Dennis Brannvall. In his posts, he gave a preview of things to come.
What Patch 1.2 partially includes
In case you missed it, Patch 1.2 is meant to include the following items.
- Limited time Jetpack Cargo mode arrives
- Arcade Updates (AI updates and more)
- Heroes & Villains Balancing (Boba Fett, Palpatine, Iden, Rey, Bossk, Kylo Ren, Luke, Chewbacca, Yoda, Lando, Darth Vader & Captain Phasma all see either, nerfs, buffs and tweaks)
- Classes, Reinforcements & Core Combat (Dodge updates, emotes, weapon tweaks, SCS un-nerf, and more)
- Milestones (Updates)
- Level Design Balance Changes
- Level Design Bug Fixes
- General Improvements and Bug Fixes ( Duplicate SC credits, Blaster glow, lightsaber glow, color-blind settings tweak, performance and stability changes, and more)
- and more…
Please note that this is not the complete list of changes/content included in the patch. This has also led a lot of fans in some wild speculation about what’s included in it. Some very excited fans took Dennis Brannvall’s posts as confirmation that all these items DICE is looking to implement will be part of patch 1.2. While it would be great if DICE managed to get all these changes out in a short period of time, we really don’t have any confirmation about their timeline.
A Sullustan reacts after learning that Patch 1.2 is landing just yet
Patch 1.2 timeline
EA’s community manager, Matt Everett (aka Sledgehammer), posted some clarifications yesterday at the forums about when the much-awaited patch is going to land. In specific he said:
As outlined, a patch will go live based on the date announced when we make a downtime notification thread. Do not expect a patch until that has happened.
While this is not offering much it does highlight the process that DICE is currently using to release patches. A lot of fans assumed that Tuesdays are the days that the studio posts releases new content. While this might have been the case in the past, the recent changes in terms of the game’s path might have changed their release cycle. As Sledgehammer previously stated, content patches could happen any day of the week so until then, we wait.
Interested in learning the latest and greatest Star Wars Battlefront II and Star Wars Gaming News? Register with Star Wars Gaming Network and never miss a beat! Our weekly newsletter covers all the news in one place!