DICE continued providing minor updates about upcoming Star Wars Battlefront II (SWBFII) content. This time around, CJ Johannesén, spent some time answering fan questions on Twitter. His answers focused primarily on balancing tweaks that will be part of the upcoming patch. As one might expect, CJ didn’t have an answer as to when the patch is going to become available.
CJ talking with a Death Trooper about his upcoming grenade buff
Upcoming balancing changes
During his extensive Twitter discussion, Johannesén offered some insights on the areas he’s focusing on. In specific:
- Death Trooper grenade: CJ seems to agree that Death Troopers need a more powerful grenade. We’re not sure if the existing grenade will get a buff or it’s going to be replaced with a brand new one.
- Officer Weapons: Officer weapons also seems to head for a nerf. According to some fans, officers weapons are quite powerful so that’s something that’s getting looked at.
- Specialist class: Answering a question about specialists, CJ confirmed that specialists, including the NT-242, won’t be getting any nerfs.
- Current responsibilities: Johannesén also revealed that he now has expanded responsibilities in addition to weapon design. He didn’t reveal what other areas he’s currently working on.
- DC-15LE Explosive shot: As you know the DC-15LE with the explosive shot is one of the most powerful weapons in the game. The weapon will be getting a nerf as part of the next patch.
Patch coming our way soon?
CJ Johannesén also mentioned that he got done with his work for his patch yesterday. We might be reading too much into this, but it could also indicate that development on the patch is done. If that’s that case, then QA could take about 2 weeks to complete, which would bring us to the middle of the month for the release of the next patch. Again, this is just speculation on our part.
Interested in learning the latest and greatest Star Wars Battlefront II and Star Wars Gaming News? Register with Star Wars Gaming Network and never miss a beat! Our weekly newsletter covers all the news in one place!